You might have seen Adobe GC Invoker Utility running at the background and thought what is that. Whenever you install any Adobe software it starts running a few small exe files from the startup. Other than Adobe GC Invoker Utility you will be able to find Adobe Creative Cloud and Adobe Updater Startup Utility on the startup menu in the Task Manager.
Now a question arises if the exe file is really needed and if it creates any problem for your system. The short answer is no, but there is a lot more to know about it. Let us dive in.
Adobe GC Invoker Utility
First of all, the AGC Invoker software is named AGCInvokerUtility.exe on the task manager. AGC Invoker Utility is a software which belongs to Adobe Systems and is running to make your life easier while using various Adobe software, like Adobe Photoshop. The file will be saved in the place C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\AdobeGCClient by default.
As you can see the program is from Adobe and is present to work with the Adobe software and nothing else. So normally it should not do any harm to your computer.
But the problem is there are many malware and viruses which are trying to pretend as AGC Invoker Utility to gain access to your computer. On that scenario, you might also run into system errors with the original utility.
So if you are using an antivirus program and sure about the software, you are using, you do not need to worry or uninstall that. Also, remember that Adobe Updater Startup utility and AdobeGCClient.exe are necessary to run Adobe software. Uninstall them is not a good idea either.
How to Disable or Uninstall Adobe GC Invoker Utility Startup
As mentioned above, if you are specifically facing any issues or error with AGC Invoker software you can disable or uninstall that. There are multiple ways to do that. Let us check them out.
1. Restart in Safe Mode
The first thing you should know is if the problem you are facing is from the Adobe file or something else. To check that out you can restart your computer in Safe Mode.
- Press Start.
- Select the Power icon.
- Click on ‘Restart’ option while pressing Shift.
- After the reboot, select the Troubleshoot icon and scroll to ‘Startup Settings’.
- Select ‘Advanced Option’ followed by the ‘Restart’ option.
- Select ‘Reboot’.
- Choose the ‘Enter Safe Mode with Networking’ option.
Now if you are still facing the issue, continue reading.
2. Disable AGC Invoker through Task Manager
From task manager, you can disable the exe file from executing to remove the problem.
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc. It will open the ‘Task Manager’ application.
- Go to the ‘Processes’ tab and look for the AGCInvokerUtility.exe.
- Right-click on it.
- Press ‘Disable’.
3. Uninstall AGC Invoker through Control Panel
- Hit Start.
- Go to ‘Settings’.
- Select ‘Apps’.
- Select ‘Apps & features’.
- Look for AGCInvokerUtility.exe and right-click on it.
- From the drop-down menu select uninstall.
4. Delete AGC Invoker files from Registry
- Press Windows + R to open ‘Run’ application.
- Use the search bar to look for Regedit and click on it.
- Press Ctrl+F.
- Type in AGCInvokerUtility.exe.
- Delete all the malicious file you can find.
These are all the things you can do to remove Adobe GC Invoker Utility from your computer. In case of facing any difficulties, you can contact Adobe customer care. Finally, if you have any more questions do let us know in the comments below. We will make sure to help you.