Snapchat is fun. It allows the users to connect to their friends and share exciting video content and other things on the platform. Like any separate app, a user needs to have a particular username and password to open and control their Snapchat account. A lot of users often question how to change Snapchat usernames.
Are you curious? Or, want to change your Snapchat username? Then, you have found the right article. It comes with all the information related to username and how to change it.
If you are wondering about how to change the username on Snapchat, the answer is you cannot. Snapchat does not come with such functions. The cause is your username has a direct connection with your Snapchat account. Hence, it is case sensitive. Due to this issue, you won’t be able to change the Snapchat username.
If you visit the official website of Snapchat, you will find that the app makers have strict rules and regulations about Snapchat usernames. So, what to do? Well, there is no way to change your username. But you can make some arrangements in this matter. Read till the end to know more.
Methods of how to change the Snapchat username and display name
Snapchat users cannot change their usernames, but they can easily change their display name and other settings that might be helpful instead. Here are the ways-
1. Find your username in Snapchat
Many users tend to forget their username after some time. Hence, they try to change their Snapchat username. If you can figure out your Snapchat username, you may be able to avoid breaking it. Therefore, if you want to find a way other than how to change the Snapchat username, finding it would be enough.
Now, if you want to view your Snapchat username, the procedure is pretty simple.
- First, open your Snapchat app on your smartphone.
- Next, navigate to your “profile”. It is present at the top of the app home page.
- After clicking your Profile settings, you will notice your username. It lies next to your Snapchat score.
- The procedure is pretty simple, and anyone can do it.
2. Change your display name.
You cannot change your Snapchat username. But, you can anytime change your display name. Now, what is the Snapchat display name? Well, the display name is what your display name is the name that your friends and followers get to see om your profile. It is useful because people identify you by your display name. Therefore, if you want to change your username, you may change your display name to get something similar experience.
Snapchat allows you to change your display name multiple times. Hence, there is no problem in changing it. That means you get only the option to alter your display name if you are wondering about how to change the Snapchat username.
If you want to change your display name on Snapchat, you need to perform the following the steps-
- First, open your Snapchat app.
- Next, open the settings option. It is present on the top of the right corner of your app homepage.
Click on it, and you will see something like the following image.4. You need to open the “name” section and click on your display name.
5. A new tab will open. You can change your name, including your first name or last name, or both as per your preference. Furthermore, you can also keep the previous name blank if you do not want to share it.
6. After you have changed the display name, you need to click on the “Save” button to save your changes.
7. You can now check your new name on Snapchat quickly to see the difference.
There is also another way to change your display name on Snapchat.
- Open your Snapchat app and click on your actual display name.
- A pop-up will open with the “Edit Name” caption.
- You can edit your name there as per your preference.
- Click “Save” to save the changes.
3. Open a new account
If you need a solution for how to change your username on Snapchat, the only solution is to open a new account. You have to delete your existing account and open a new account with your choice of username. That means you need to start again with your account. Snapchat does not allow you to import your existing data or data of the previous account to a new account. Therefore, you will be losing all the data from your profile after you delete it. It includes all of your saved uploads, images, or video contents.
Furthermore, you will have to add all of your friends manually again into your new account. Hence, the best way is to create a new account, keep your old account for some time, and then delete it. You will have to add all of your friends by their username, and you may need to spend a lot of time on it. If you have a lot of friends, you may need to write down their username individually and then again add them after your new account is complete.
There is no direct way to solve queries like How to change Snapchat username. It is because The app Snapchat does not allow modification of the username due to security rules. But you can change your display name and remain connected to your friend.