content://com.android.browser.home/ is a link of a browser used to set default home page. If you use a smartphone you will notice whenever you open a browser, if you have closed all the opened page, you will always be sent to a default page.
Mostly it is the search page for Google. But some browsers might come with another website set as the default home page. They do that for their partnership most of the time. But that does not mean you cannot change it. In all of the internet browser, there will be an option for it.
Here we will see how you can change your default home page to any website you want without the complexity of content://com.android.browser.home/. First of all, there are many browsers you might be using. Most of the smartphone users prefer Google Chrome, Firefox or Opera. All of these browsers have different ways to set the default home page. So let us start with Google Chrome.
How to Set Default Home Page on Google Chrome using content://com.android.browser.home/
- Open Google Chrome on your smartphone or tablet and click on the three-dot menu on the top right corner.
- Select Settings.
- Under Basic, you will find the option Homepage.
- In case you are unable to find the Homepage option, search for ‘Chrome://flags/’.
- Search for ‘Force Enable Home Page Button’ on the experiment page.
- If it is disabled, enable it.
- Relaunch Chrome.
- Select it and turn it on if it is turned off.
- You will also see a web link there, select it and put the website you want to set as=
- Relaunch Chrome.
Set Default Home Page on Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox on your smartphone or tablet and click on the three-dot menu on the top right corner.
- Then go to settings and select the General option in there.
- Now go to Home and then to Set a Homepage.
- Select Custom and enter the website link that you want to set as a default Homepage on Mozilla.
- Click OK and relaunch Firefox.
Set Default Home Page on Opera
- First, open Opera browser and click on the Opera icon from the bottom right corner.
- Open Settings and disable News from the Homepage section.
- Also disable trending searches, recent searches and Opera notifications from the settings.
- Go back to Opera Homepage and delete all the Speed dial sites.
- Then click on the Plus “+” icon to enter the name and link.
- Enter the name and the link of the website you want to set as default.
- Now to open the homepage click on the newly created Speed dial.
How to Set Default Browser?
If you are using Google Chrome, most of the time this is the default browser for most of the android smartphone. But if you are using any other browser, you will notice whenever you click on any link from a message or something, the link will not be opened on your preferred browser. To do that you have to set that browser as default.
- To do that, first, go to settings of your smartphone.
- Then, go to the Installed Apps/Manage Apps section that shows all the Apps on the phone.
- Now, click on three dots on the top right corner and select Default Apps and Click on the Browser options.
- Select your favourite browser that you want to set as the default browser.
Now any link you want to open will be forwarded to your favourite browser.
So these are all the things you need to know about content://com.android.browser.home/. If you want to know how to change the home screen for a different browser, do let us know in the comments and we will try our best to help you.