Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application is getting frequently picked up by several 3rd party anti-viruses, like Avast and McAfee as a huge resource hungry program. Not only in the latest Windows patch, but this program is also widely effected computers which are still stuck with Windows 7.
But you are wondering even when you installed this software, or if you have ever used it. So maybe like many users, you are also looking for an explanation. Let us dive into this topic.
Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application
First of all, this is not a separate application. It is a scheduled task which is part of the Windows Media Center. The main reason for its existence is to allow you to enjoy premium digital cable channels from your cable provider straight in your computer. But as most of us prefer web series, this program is not something we need.
The main process of the Digital TV Tuner Device Registration is ehPrivJob.exe and this is something dealing the most damage to the performance of your computer. This process checks if you have any digital cable tuners attached to your system. To process can run without opening Windows Media Center by default.
Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application: Safe?
As many anti-virus programs are showing this as potentially harmful software, people also think that it is a virus or something like that. But that is not the reality. Those programs show it because it eats up your resources which might lead to a slow computer. From a security perspective, there is nothing to worry about.
Another thing to keep in mind is ehPrivJob.exe affects mostly your boot-up time. If you have moderate hardware, you will not see any further effect. But if that is not the case then you might need to stop this process. The anti-virus software is showing higher usage, and there is no certain reason behind it.
Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application: Needs Removal?
As mentioned earlier, most of the time, it should not use a higher percentage of your memory and system resources. But sometimes hPrivJob.exe executable gets glitched and starts running at full speed even when the Windows Media Center is not used.
In that situation, this software is totally counter-productive and might create and store massive files on your hard disk or SSD and invalid registry entries.
So if that is something you are tensed with, and you do not care about watching TV on your computer, you should remove it.
Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application: Pinpoint the Problem
Before going to remove it completely you might wanna double-check if your PC is slowing down for this program or there is something else going on. There are many ways to check that out but let us follow through the simplest steps.
- Press Ctrl +Shift + Esc to open up Task Manager.
- If you are Windows 7 go to the Processes tab and look for ehPrivJob.exe. If you are on a newer version, go after opening the task manager head over to Performance tab and click on Open Resource Monitor then find if there is ehPrivJob.exe running.
- Check if this program is taking up a huge chunk of your memory and performance, like consuming over 100 MB of Memory and over 10% of the overall CPU capacity.
- If that is not the case then look for other programs which are using your hardware and remove it if necessary. But if this device registration application is doing that, follow along.
Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application: Fix
- As you have already located the program in your Task Manager, right-click on it.
Press on ‘go to details’.
- When you are on the detail tab, right-click on the same process and click on ‘end process tree’.
- Now use your computer as you generally do, may be you do not have the problem anymore, as it might be a one-time for you.
Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application: Uninstall
If the problem persists, you need to completely remove the program from your PC.
- First, open Control Panel.
- Click on Programs and Features.
- From the list of installed programs, look for your digital TV tuner and right-click it.
- Click Uninstall.
- Then, follow along with the uninstallation wizard and wait for the process to complete.
- After that, go to your Registry Editor by holding Windows key + R then and type regedit in the Run dialogue box.
- In the Registry Editor window, navigate to this address (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software) and look for the folder containing your digital TV tuner then delete it.
- Finally, navigate to this address and delete any entries (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Run\eg ui).
Once all these are complete restart your computer.
So that was everything you need to do to make your computer free from Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application. This is a really specific feature which is not necessary for most of the people. So removing it will not harm your PC by any means until you need to use that.