While playing massively multiplayer games like Fortnite, PUBG or ARK people might face ‘DX11 feature level 10.0 is required to run the engine’ issue. Fortunately, there is no reason to panic as it is an easily fixable problem. By following the article you will be able to resolve the issue in no time. So without further ado, let us dive in.
Quick Fix for dx11 feature level 10.0 Required to Run The Engine
Method 01: Update Your OS
Most of the time updating windows operating system solves this problem. Windows 10 downloads the updates in background automatically but you can also download it manually if a new update is available. Here is how you can download.
- Go to Windows settings option or press Windows Key + I on your keyboard to enter windows settings.
- Click on update and security.
- Click on windows update from the left panel.
- Next go to the right pane and click on check for updates.
- Once the download is complete restart your computer to install the updates.
Method 02: Try Installing Latest Patch
Check the official website of the game you are playing. Developers are aware of this kind of error so they may have released any patch file that will solve the problem. So check and download the files as they have instructed on their website. Then restart your computer and check if the problem is fixed.
Method 03: Update Your DirectX Version
If after updating your windows version the problem still remains you should update the Directx version of your computer. Before updating your Directx version you have to know which version you are using now. To confirm which version of Directx you are currently using, follow the simple step.
- Type Run in the Windows search bar or press windows key+r and type dxdiag and press enter button.
- It will open a window where you can see which version you are using.
In general, updating your operating system also upgrades DirectX on your computer automatically. However, if you are using Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows XP, you need to download and install an update package to get the latest DirectX version. To get more information on how to install DirectX for various versions of Windows, you can visit Microsoft’s official website.
Related Article: How to Optimize Windows 10 for Gaming and Performance
Method 04: Update Your Graphics Card Driver
Sometimes outdated drivers are responsible for this kind of trouble. So updating your graphics card driver can solve this problem. There are many ways to update graphics card driver but the best way to do it is dependable on the video card manufacturer. The newest version of windows like windows 8 or 10 should automatically update and install the driver for your card.
But even if your OS automatically downloads and install a driver for your GPU, chances are it’s not the latest version of the card. The system might still report the problem because your GPU does not knows how to operate Feature Level 10.0. This can be solved by updating to the latest version of your card. Follow the simple steps listed below to download the latest version of the card.
- Right-click on the Windows icon and click Device Manager
- Locate to the Display Adapters and expand it.
- Right-click on your Graphic Card Driver Software and click Update Driver Software.
- Click Search Automatically For Updated Driver Software.
- It’ll search for your outdated driver and update it as well.
- Restart your computer.
Method 05: Run the Application Using the Dedicated Graphics Card
Most of the computers these days have two graphics card. One is the onboard graphics adapter which is usually integrated with the processor and the second is the dedicated graphics card unit. In case your computer is using the integrated graphics card then you will need to switch to the dedicated graphics card as this is usually the more advanced of the two.
- Open Device Manager by right-clicking on the start menu icon and then select Device Manager.
- Expand the Display adapters and then right-click on the Built-in Intel graphics adapter then click on Disable device.
- Your Windows screen will go black for a second which means Windows is switching your Graphics card to dedicated card.
- If you wish to re-enable your built-in graphics then repeat the above steps and click on the enable device.
Method 06: Repairing the DirectX Runtime Environment
The applications applied in DirectX rarely break. But it’s known to happen and unfortunately, you can’t really uninstall DirectX. DirectX runtime 11.3 and 12 is included with Windows 10 and any updates/repairs are handled by Windows Update. There is no stand-alone package for these versions of DirectX.
However, you can repair all DirectX files (except the ones from DX12) by using DirectX End-User Runtime Web installer and DirectX redist. Start by downloading the DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer. You’ll need to right-click on the executable and choose Run as administrator to grant elevated privileges. Once the installation is complete, reboot your system and see if the issue is resolved.
The ‘DX11 feature level 10.0 is required to run the engine’ error is one of the weirdest error people encounter these days and I hope the above methods will definitely help you to fix this issue.