Discord is one of the most popular apps used for group chatting. Initially primarily used by gamers, nowadays, it is used for all. The platform is excellent for video and voice calling, along with messaging and sending media. It can be done in both chats and servers. It has many features, including screen sharing. As for how to screen share on discord, the steps are given in this article.
The United States of America first launched discord, and it has been a hit VoIP application since then. In the latest edition of software released by discord, they included the screen share feature. This screen share feature of discord can be used in both direct messages and servers. Since this is a new feature, many users are unable to understand the screen share feature properly. Continue reading the article to get a step-by-step guidance on how to share screen on discord. Also, the extra features present in it are discussed.
As has been seen, this screen share feature can be used in direct messages and servers. There are some limitations of this feature in discord as well. Overall, this is one of the beat features that has been released in discord in recent updates. This will help a user in improving their presence in a server and be more active in general.
- How to Screen Share on Discord and What is it?
- Discord Screen Share in Direct Message
- Follow the steps given below to know how to screen share on discord in direct messages.
- Discord Screen Share in Server
- Follow the steps given below to share your screen in a discord server
- Discord Screen Share in Only One Window
- If you want to know how to screen share on discord for one window only, follow these steps
- Game Streaming in Discord
- Discord Screen Share in Mobile Devices
- As for how to screen share on discord on mobile devices, follow these steps
- Using Video Chat in Discord Server
As stated before, Discord was mainly used for gamers. The gaming community of different games and fan bases created their servers to enjoy their gaming experience. Organizations in other fields also started joining discord as the features are beneficial for group communication. With time, the request for screen sharing in discord was increasing. The developing team of the discord app ultimately decided to keep the request of their loyal user base. As a result, the screen share feature in discord came up. As of now, most users are more than satisfied with the functionalities present in this new feature.
With proper knowledge, users will be able to know how to screen share on discord properly. There are restrictions, and the features are much more for the premium users of discord. As a result, the Discord Nitro users will enjoy the screen share feature even more. The normal registered users will share the gameplay, desktop screen, and other contents.
Most of the users are acquainted with the direct messages in discord. In this platform, contacts can be directly messaged, and a conversation can be started. With the screen share in discord, this feature is available inside direct messages as well. In this manner, friends and contacts can see a game or an app’s visual and recommend solutions if asked. In other words, a user will display their situation with their contacts in a better way.
Many users ask for expert advice on how to solve an issue with an app or how to pass a certain hurdle in a game. With this feature in direct messages, other users will help their contacts in a much better manner. For problem-solving, this new screen share feature will be convenient.
- First, call the contact with whom you want to share your screen.
- After that, locate the “Turn on Screen Share” icon. Click on that icon to continue further.
- Upon clicking that icon, a new small pop-up window will appear on the screen. In this window, you will be able to select the quality of your streaming.
- Once you have selected the streaming quality, click on the “Share” button. This will start the screen share process in direct messages.
The screen share in discord mainly works with mirroring the screen. The function works pretty smoothly when the streaming quality is [email protected] NeedlesUserso has a good quality internet connection to be able to stream with high quality. As for the usual screen mirroring, medium hardware specification is enough. For example, a user will be able to stream in medium quality with an average device. The minimum device requirements are 256MB video memory, 1GB RAM, and a 1GHz pra processor.
In discord, users are not always using direct messages to connect with their friends and contacts. Servers are one of the most vital points of Discord, and multiple people can be connected at the same time through servers. Both general channels and voice channels can attain this. When a user needs to share the screen with multiple users, sharing the screen in servers is the better option. Read on to know how to enable screen share on the discord server properly.
Just like indirect message sharing, screen share in servers work in the same way. The screens of a phone or a desktop can be easily shared in the channels. This works by mirroring the screen on which the sharing takes place.
- Firstly, you need to join the voice channel of the specific server. Any of the voice channels can be selected for this procedure. The users with whom the screen is shared should be in the same voice channel as well.
- After that, you will see a “Go Live” button. Click on this button to start the screen sharing process with the other members of the server.
- On clicking the button, a new small-sized window will pop-up. The first window is called “Screens,” and” en proceeds to the next window, “Screen 1” for continuation.
- You may also connect a secondary display, and then another window or multiple windows termed “Screen 2 or 3” have to be selected. The selected screen will be started with the screen share process by mirroring.
- After that, the streaming process will start. All of the members present in the same voice channel in the server will be able to view the screen.
However, you can be selective about sharing the stream’s audio and sharing audio on a discord screen share; merely sharing the screen in a voice channel will work. However, members of the same server who are not in the same voice channel will not get acc. You will have the authority to allow them after they manually join the discord server. As a result, you will not have any problems related to privacy. In other words, the server and channel can be kept secure easily.
Users also have the option to share their desktop screen selectively. You may not want the entire screen to be shared, and you can do so. In a single window share, the other applications can all be kept hidden. The desktop screen can also be hidden if you do not want to share it with other. It is a handy discord screen share feature, as it allows users with endless customizations. With this, the privacy of the user can be easily maintained. Users can simultaneously do other things on their devices without others knowing it.
- Firstly, you have to join the voice channel in your specific server to share the screen.
- After joining the voice channel, find the “Go Live” button. After that, click on it.
- Upon clicking, you will see the “Applications” tab. Select it, and you will see multiple windows on the screen. Select the window that you want to share.
- After selecting, a pop-up window will appear on the screen. In the window, find “Go Livthe e” button and click on it to start streaming.
- Streaming will start with only the particular window that you selected.
This way, only a single window can be easily streamed in the discord servers.
Game Streaming in Discord
As stated before, discord is still mainly used for communicating with the gaming community. With the discord screen share, game streaming can also be done. However, to stream games, the PC administrators will require a proper device, a gaming device to be exact.
Follow the steps given below to stream a game in discord, provided your device has required specifications:
- First, start the game you want to stream. Stay in the game lobby, and click on minimize option of the window. Notice that the game title is displayed in the left bottom side. Next, select the computer icon and open it.
- The screen will display a new window. Find the “Go Live” button and click on it to start the streaming process.
- The stream will begin immediately with a new window appearing on the screen.
As for registered discord users, they can simply minimize the window in which the video is displayed. After that, users can do whatever they want on the background. Users will also be aware of exactly how many people are watching the stream at a certain point of time.
The screen share feature of discord is also available for all types of mobile devices. These include android phones, iPhones, and iPads. As an added advantage to the gamers, discord also allows video calling. Due to this feature, a user will be able to share their microphone and webcam on their specific voice channels. As this feature is available for mobile devices, iPads are also easily able to share screens with webcam and microphone.
- First, join the voice channel where you want to share the screen.
- Click on the icon of video camera. It is located in the bottom screen on the left side.
- In Apple and Android devices, camera permission is required for third party apps like discord. Upon tapping the video camera icon, you will be redirected to “Device Settings”. Here, you need to select the “Grant Permission” option.
- After that, tap on the camera icon again. You will be live after that.
- Then, you can share your camera and microphone with the streamers if you want.
The screen share feature of discord on mobile devices works extremely well. On a proper 4G network, the streaming quality is very good. However, it is to note that only when the camera is on, the streaming can take place. Discord, as of yet, has not put a feature where mobile screens can be shared like desktop screens. However, we are hopeful that this feature too will be added in discord in near future.
Using Video Chat in Discord Server
The video chat feature in discord has been introduced recently, and it is highly useful as well. The developers of discord app have introduced the video chat option. This will help in communicating with different teams, players, and management. The video chat is carried out using the webcam in the device.
Follow the steps given below to use video chat in discord server:
- Firstly, you have to join the voice channel. You should also see to it that you can share the screen and start the video chat.
- Find the option termed “Video” and click on it. On clicking, the camera will start.
- With opening the camera, a new window will start. In his window, the webcam visuals will be displayed.
In the webcam player, the running video will be displayed. Users will also have the option for separately use the discord while the video chat is going on. Other features include muting the microphone, cutting the webcam stream, sharing the screen, and closing the call. Users will be automatically redirected outside the voice channel upon disconnecting the stream.
With decent hardware and network connection, the video chat feature of discord works perfectly. Users will thus be able to connect to other users in a much better manner.
Upon reading the article, you will know everything as how to screen share on discord. Overall, this screen share feature of discord is wonderful as it helps in connectivity among different communities. With so many features, users can select what to show to other members. This way, a certain situation can be well conveyed and shared with other users. In future, we expect more customizable screen share features on discord.