When I’m using Google Chrome on my Android smartphone, I miss using the extensions. We also hope that you also miss the extensions. What if we tell you that you can use chrome extensions and android as well? Isn’t it exciting? Therefore, let’s check out the different android chrome extensions you can use on your smartphone.
If you are not very fond of web chrome extensions, then android chrome extensions will not please you either. Web extensions add comfort to your life. In the latest version of Android Google Chrome, you will not be able to use the extensions. Moreover, Google has no plan of adding any such feature even shortly.
If you are someone who is still unknown to Google Chrome extensions, then read below.
What are Chrome Extensions?
Google Chrome extensions are installed programs on Chrome that change the functionalities of the browser. Hence, this means the addition of new features to the browsers. Moreover, it also modifies the pre-existing program to become more user-friendly. The types of functionalities include:
- Addition of notes and to-do-list to Google Chrome
- Blocking ads from displaying
- Password management
- Enhancing memory usage to run efficiently
- Easier to copy text from a specific site
- Making your web browsing experience secured and safe
- Protecting your privacy
Hence, as you see, extensions add more security and functionalities to the browser.
As mentioned earlier, there is still no way you can add web extensions from Chrome directly. But, you can still install chrome extensions on android from separate browsers. All that needs to be done is to find some other browser that has all the extensions. There’s no need to switch anything or root your phone. So, scroll down and follow the tips and tricks mentioned below.
Ways of possibly downloading Chrome Android extensions
To use Chrome extensions on your smartphone, you need to have a separate browser for it. You have a myriad of options to choose from. The best options are mentioned below:
1. Yandex Browser
This is a free browser. A Russian company Yandex created this free web browser. This web browser makes use of Blink. It is an open-source Chromium-based. Therefore, it means that Yandex allows Chromium extensions to install on your smartphone.
Moreover, this web browser also checks the web page’s security with more care and ensures your security. It also activates Kaspersky to check for any bugs or viruses. Hence, ensuring complete privacy and security.
If your slow network connections are preventing you from quick searches, then not to fret anymore. Yandex uses the Opera browser’s technology to accelerate browsing capabilities. Hence, no more waiting for minutes to have search results. You will get results within a fraction of seconds. Here’s how you can install the Yandex browser:
- Firstly, open Google Play Store pre-installed on your smartphone.
- Secondly, look for the Yandex browser and then install it.
- Next, after you are done installing the new browser, look for extensions you want to download. Moreover, you can also visit Chrome’s web store to find them all.
- Then, when you find your appropriate extensions, select the “Add to Chrome” option.
- Then, Yandex will automatically download and install it in the browser.
- Lastly, go to Yandex’s settings to check whether or not the extensions are working. You will find the list of extensions over there.
Hence, in this way, you can easily download chrome extensions android. It is super easy and can be easily done at any time. If you are not happy with the Yandex browser, then we have a list of other browsers.
This is another very popular browser. Kiwi has an interface the same as Chrome. Hence, you will be very happy using the Kiwi browser. It also comes with a night more. Moreover, it blocks ads, as well.
The source code of the browser was released on Open Source Chromium. Therefore, it makes ad blocking easy for Kiwi. Also, this helped Chrome developers while creating extensions to play with interesting codes. Now, third-party developers used Chrome’s open-source to build Kiwi.
Kiwi is a Chrome-based browser. It runs on Blink as well as Webkit. Hence, this means Kiwi runs at the same speed as that of Chrome while loading and downloading pages. Moreover, it is highly compatible with android chrome extensions. Therefore, let us check out the steps of installing the Kiwi browser:
- First, head to the Google Play Store on your android.
- Then, search for the Kiwi browser.
- Next, after Kiwi is installed, search for Chrome extensions in the search or address bar.
- Then, activate the “Developer Mode.” If this option does not appear, then refresh Kiwi.
- Now head to Chrome’s web store and search for the extensions.
- Lastly, look for the extensions you want to install. Then install it on the browser. Now, you are done.
So, with Kiwi, you enjoy the security, speed, and friendly interface just like Chrome. Hence, we recommend you to go for Kiwi. It easily blocks the ad and gives you fast results with great speed. It also has more battery saving.
Kiwi does its job quietly and efficiently. Therefore, go for the Kiwi browser.
A lot of use the Firefox browser even on our PCs and laptops. We love using Firefox as well. If you are not using Chrome, then you must be using Firefox. It is the most popular browser just after Google Chrome. Hence, if you are looking for Chrome extensions, there can be no better browser than Firefox.
Moreover, you will also be able to add Chrome extensions through the Firefox add-on feature. So, let’s check out the easy installation steps:
- First, open Google Play Store.
- Secondly, search for Firefox or the Nightly browser.
- Then, request for Desktop view.
- Next, go to the browser’s Tool section. You can check the add-ons over there.
- Then, activate the plug-in “Chrome Store Foxified.”
- Moreover, once you have completed the above steps, head to Chrome’s webstore
- Next, look for your preferable extensions.
- At this point, you will receive a notification or prompt of whether or not you want to add the extensions to that specific browser.
- Agree to the prompt. This will automatically install and then appear on the Firefox browser.
Moreover, make note that certain Firefox users find adding Firefox extensions a bit difficult. Also, make note that certain Chrome extensions might not work here.
But, even with this drawback, a lot of people love using Firefox. Firefox is a friendly and quite popular web browser. Therefore, a lot of people go for Firefox instead of Kiwi or Yandex.
What happens when your browser does not support the extension?
Every smartphone has its own limits. Therefore, some of the extensions might not work properly, as well. If you find a specific extension not working on your phone, then download its substitute. Hence, in this way, your problem will be solved easily.
Yandex is a Russian web browser. It is Chromium open source based. Hence, it comes with its private plug-in add-on store. On the other hand, Kiwi is a complete browser than Yandex. It features more extensions compatible with smartphones. Therefore, this makes Kiwi versatile and more compatible.
According to the Ookla Speed Test, Yandex is 10 Mbps faster than Google Chrome. This is because it uses Opera’s Turbo technology. Chrome is more compatible with higher-end machines than the old ones. It is not compatible with Windows XP. Hence, Yandex is a better choice in this case.
Yandex is quite popular in the world of smartphone extensions. Fifty million Yandex downloads are found in the Play Store. Moreover, it has amazing security features. You get great security with Kaspersky. Kaspersky easily detects any virus is present on a web page. Therefore, your privacy is secured, and viruses cannot damage your files or data.
Kiwi also has compatible extensions. Hence, we recommend you go for the Kiwi browser if you are not happy with Yandex or Firefox. Therefore, you get a lot of options for Google Chrome extensions on the Android browser. They are safe and highly popular.
What are the popular Google Chrome extensions?
We have listed some of the popular extensions:
- Spell checkers
- Ad blockers
- VPN providers
- Data savers
- Password Managers
Extensions make our life easy. Smartphones are handy and make our lives easy as well. You must have chrome extensions and android. It makes your experience better and quite comfortable. So, download any of your favorite browsers and enjoy the extensions.