After the sweaty gaming season on your Nintendo Switch, you might want to Netflix and chill. Here is how to do that.
What is Netflix?
Netflix is the most popular streaming service which allows the viewers to watch movies, TV shows, web series, and documentaries. It is a subscription-based service which is completely ad-free and you can download episodes to watch offline whenever you want. When it comes to supported platforms you can find it on Android, iOS, windows, and various streaming devices like Firestick, Chromecast, Roku etc.
What is Nintendo Switch?
On the other hand, Nintendo Switch is a gaming console with which you can play countless HD games. Other than gaming you can watch movies and TV shows through many supported applications.
But officially on Nintendo e-Shop Netflix is not supported. Many people, like you, are waiting for the launch. For now, Netflix is available on Nintendo 3Ds family including Nintendo 2DS, New Nintendo 3DS, New Nintendo 3DS XL, Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo 3DS XL. Although Netflix Streaming on Nintendo 3DS family is only available in the U.S.A and Canada.
Workaround to Install Netflix on Nintendo Switch
To install Netflix in your Nintendo Switch first you have to set up the switch on your TV. Here is how you can do it.
- Open the back cover of your Nintendo Switch Dock.
- Connect AC adapter to your switch via USB plug and power it on.
- Connect your Switch to your TV via HDMI cable.
- Turn your TV on and select HDMI output.
- Launch Nintendo Switch on your TV.
Now it is time to install Netflix.
- Log in to your account on TV.
- Go to the home screen and select the e-shop.
- When launched select the box next to search bar to get the on-screen keyboard.
Search for Netflix.
- The first result should be the app you are looking for, just install it.
- Log in to your Netflix account and you are all set up.
So it was a quick little tutorial to install Netflix on your Switch. Now it will be displayed on your home screen. It will also support HD resolution including all the lower versions.