A printer test page is a test print that looks over the ability of your printers and the magnitude of colours that are being printed through your printer. Most of the latest printers have their own built-in software to print a test page to check the efficiency of the device. The process of doing it varies from brand to brand and there is not any dedicated system to do so.
Why Do You Need a Printer Test Page?
A printer is an electronic day-to-day use device that can be used to print papers from your laptop, personal computer, or your other gadgets. Inkjet and laser printers are the two of the most used regular kinds of printers. laser printers are generally used in companies that require fast and cheap prints regularly while inkjet printers are utilized for domestic use.
The printer test page is a default printing of your printing device that prints one or more pages from your printer. It helps you to determine whether your printer is good to go for your work or has any issues with it. Thus you get to know about your device more and can test it easily.
How To Print Test Page Online – Printer Test Page
As we have mentioned earlier, there are a lot of ways that you can follow to print a printer test page that may vary to individual brands and companies. The way to do it may also be different in individual Operating Systems and devices. In this article, we will try to cover up everything that you need to know about how to print a printer test page.
How to Print a Printer Test Page in Windows?
There are different ways to print a test page for different windows versions. We will be looking after the ways of every available windows version.
Steps for Windows 10
- At first, go to the search bar located at the bottom left corner of your screen.
- Type ‘Printers and Scanners’.
- Then, click the ‘Printers and Scanners’ option.
- Look for the right printing device for your system and click on it.
- After that, click on the printer and select ‘Manage’.
- Infine, Click on the very first option named ‘Print a test page’ under Manage your device lists.
Steps for Windows 8
- At first, go to the Control Panel of your system.
- Then, search ‘Devices and Printers’ and click on it.
- Look for the printers in the list displayed, right-click on your printer and choose ‘Printer Properties’.
- After that, click on the option ‘Print Test Page’ and wait for your printer to complete the task.
Must Read: 10 Best Payroll Software for Small Businesses
Steps for Windows 7
- Firstly, go to Control Panel on your system and click on ‘Hardware and sound’.
- Then, search for ‘Devices and Printers’.
- Right-click on your printer from the displayed list of devices and select ‘Printer Properties’.
- Finally, click on ‘Print Test Page’ and it will start to print the test page.
How to Print a Printer Test Page in Mac?
Printing a printer test page is a little bit different on Mac from windows. Follow the simple steps listed below to print a printer test page in Mac Operating System.
- Click on the ‘Apple’ icon located at the upper left corner of your screen.
- Then click on ‘System Preferences’.
- Select ‘Printers and Scanners’.
- Search for your desired printer from the list.
- Then, Click on the option named ‘Open Print Queue’ and remove any pending print command.
- After that, click ‘Option & Supplies’ and then, click on ‘Utility’ when a new window shows up.
- Lastly, click on the ‘Print test page’ from the utility tab.
These were all the necessary steps that you can follow while printing a test page. We hope this article was helpful and now you can find out very easily whether your printer has any problems or not.