QtWebEngineProcess is a process which is related to Origin, a gaming platform like Steam. Gamers can buy, download, update and play games through Origin. To use Origin, you have to download the software and while running you will able to see QtWebEngineProcess.exe running on the background. This application runs to improve stability, security, and configuration.
But the problem is sometimes it causes a high amount of CPU usage. So in this article, we will see all the issues you might face while using Origin and how to solve them. Without further ado, let us jump straight into the topic.
QtWebEngineProcess exe – What Are The Issues Related And How To Fix It
As said earlier, the main problem gamers might face is extremely high CPU usage. Other than that, you might see an error like the software is not a valid Windows program or application crash. Here is a list of most frequently seen notifications:
- QtWebEngineProcess.exe Application Error.
- QtWebEngineProcess.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
- Cannot find QtWebEngineProcess.exe.
- Error starting program: QtWebEngineProcess.exe.
- QtWebEngineProcess.exe failed.
- QtWebEngineProcess.exe is not a valid Win32 application.
Now we will see how can resolve the issues. There are multiple ways and all of them might not help you. So please go through the whole list and try all the possible ways.
Check If the Software is Misused by Malware or Viruses
As it is an executable file, there is a chance that the file is overtaken by malware, including trojans, backdoors, ransomware, rootkits etc. In that case, that malware will disguise as the QtWebEngineProcess to tinker with a system component. To get rid of those you can use programs like Reimage. It will scan your whole computer and remove if there are any threats.
Software like Steam or Origin updates their program to provide better optimization and to get rid of any known issues.
- Open Origin
- Click on Origin, on the top left corner and select Application Settings
- In the Application tab, turn on Automatically update Origin option
If there is any update available, it will be downloaded and installed automatically.
The second thing you should do is uninstall the Origin app and re-install it as the increased CPU usage might come from a corrupt download of the Origin or its patch. Follow the below instructions to do that.
- Right-click on Start
- Select Settings
- Go to Apps
- Scroll down till you find Origin and click on it
- Click on Uninstall
- After the uninstall process is done, go to Origin official website
- Download the latest version of Origin
- Install it
Run System File Checker
With System File Checker you can fix Windows related issues, such as corrupt or missing files.
- Click on Start
- Type cmd
- Right-click on the Command Prompt
- Select Run as administrator
- When User Account Control pops up, click Yes
- Type in sfc/scannow into the Command Prompt window
- Press Enter
If there are any issues, it will find and fix it automatically. It might take a few minutes to finish the whole process.
Run DISM Scan
Another way to check the health of your disk is DISM Scan.
- Follow the same instructions as the last process until you open the Command Prompt with administrator privileges
- Type in DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth into the Command Prompt window
- Press Enter
Wait until the scan is complete and check if you are still having the same issues.
Related Article: Quick Fix For dx11 feature level 10.0 Required To Run The Engine
Force Close QtWebEngineProcess.exe process
You can close any running process with Task Manager or check with software is behind the process.
- Press Alt + Ctrl + Del
- Select Task Manager
- Find QtWebEngineProcess.exe process
- Right-click on it and choose End task
System Restore Point
If you have previously made a restore point, you can restore your computer to that state. To do that follow the steps below.
- Click on Start
- Locate or search for System Restore
- Enter the Administration password if asked
- Choose the restore point and follow along
Install Windows Updates
If your Windows is outdated, QtWebEngineProcess.exe may create some problems. To fix the issue update your Windows version.
- Click on Start
- Go to Settings
- Select Update and Security
- Hit Download
Windows will be updated and installed, your computer might ask for a restart. Do that and hopefully, your problems are resolved.
So these are all the ways you can resolve any issues with QtWebEngineProcess. If you have tried any other ways and that helped, let us know in the comment section below as it might help fellow readers also.