Shopify is known to be one of the best online store platforms in most cases. It is quite easy to create an e-commerce site with the help of Shopify. You can expand features with the help of its app. Despite all of these, there lie a few points that make many people search for Shopify alternatives. It may be home to more than 1,000,000 e-commerce but not yours.
Why should you get Shopify alternatives?
There lie a few cons about Shopify that you might find frustrating. Transaction fees in Shopify are not available yet. Shopify can be useful for the product page but does not work well as a blog page. Creating your online store in more than one language is not an easy and cheap job in Shopify. It comes with some SEO issues that can be quite disturbing for many. Hence, you should keep some good Shopify alternatives added to your list.
15 Shopify Alternatives
BigCommerce is a platform that has grown from Texas. As the name suggests, BigCommerce has got a large number of features. It has got more possible product variants, abandoned cart, tons of payment options than Shopify. This falls under the best, creating massive online stores. It is quite easy to work in BigCommerce.
- Standard: $29.95/month, with unlimited products to sell.
- Plus: $71.95/month comes with an abandoned cart saver.
- Pro: $269.96/month, with Google reviews integration and product filtering.
- Enterprise: Custom quote. A BigCommerce marketer shall help you with your store.
The BigCommerce plan comes with a yearly sales threshold. Your project will be in the hierarchy with the increment in your sales per year.
- Up to 600 product variants
- No transaction fees
- Excellent SEO
- Not great for regular content
- No multilingual store
This alternative also belongs to the Texan family and is almost 20 years old. Volusion claims to have a considerable number of sales that can quickly put them ahead of the competition with approximately $28 Billion. It has got a great list of features which helps the sales to increase soon. It will not take as long as Shopify takes to set up your store. Volusion is the best alternative to Shopify.
- Personal: $29 for up to 50k in sales (and up to 100 products)
- Professional: $79, for up to 100k in sales (and up to 5,000 products)
- Business: $299, for up to 500k in sales
- Custom: All features and VIP support available
- Huge features
- Good promo option
- No transaction fees
- No integrated blogging
- Steep learning curve
This is a simple plugin packed with a lot of surprising features. WooCommerce is not an all-in-one platform; therefore, to use WooCommerce, you need to install WordPress, quite popular and useful software. WooCommerce is a bit more complicated to use than the rest, but it is one of the best e-commerce solutions. WooCommerce is a powerful Shopify alternative if the user knows WordPress. The price can be affordable if you are going for simple work and have ample time for your site.
WooCommerce is free of cost. As it comes with a few additional bits, to host your store, you need some average budget.
- Hosting: between $5 – 25 per month
- Domain: approx $10 a year
- Premium theme: a one-off fee of $59
- Extra plugins: $40 – 80 per year per plugin
- Customizable and scalable
- Great segmentation options
- Choice of templates
- Works very smooth
- Not exactly plug and play
- No official support
This Arizonian e-commerce resolution has been around for over fifteen years, and powers over thirty-thousand online stores. You will be able to host your online store with them. However, you furthermore may buy a Perpetual License and host it together with your favorite hosting service – They come with around twelve free eCommerce templates that you just will use. They are responsive; thus, they will look smart on each device. Adding a product is straightforward and intuitive, with no hiccups there.
Although they need integrations with some external apps (e.g., Avalara, Facebook, or Mailchimp), their app center has less variety than Shopify’s. You can check the market integrations to form certain they support what you would like. The amount of payment gateways they provide is additionally impressive: PayPal, Stripe, 2Checkout, Skrill, Authorize, etc.
- Start-Up: $44.95 a month for 1GB of space and 2GB bandwidth.
- Started: $94.95 a month for 10GB of space and 20GB bandwidth plus QuickBooks integration.
- Advanced: $199.95 a month for unlimited storage and bandwidth. You also get priority support.
- Support priority
- Unlimited admin accounts
- No extra transaction fees
SIMVOLY was founded in 2016, in Bulgaria. It has got 13,000 active users. One of the best sites like Shopify, it is best for a young startup. The editor is still improving, and new features are to be implemented soon. It has got very simple eCommerce options (for example. Shipping and taxes). SIMVOLY has got a unique approach and focuses on conversion rate optimization. They also integrate funnel optimization options and A/B testing. The funnel builder and analytics shall allow you to customize funnel steps and set goals.
- Personal: $12 a month for 20 pages, five products, one funnel, and one domain connection.
- Business: $24 a month for unlimited pages, 100 products, one domain connection, and five funnels.
- Growth+: $59 a month for unlimited pages, unlimited products, and 30 domain connections and funnels.
- Pro: $149 a month for unlimited pages, products, funnels, and domain connections.
- It will help you to control your designs and layouts better.
- Funnel optimization options
LemonStand is lovely and appropriate for medium-to-large businesses. All of its plans embody its core options – the most variable is that the variety of monthly orders allowed per every subscription.
LemonStand is flexible and highly-customizable; however, it comes with a steep learning curve. Unless you’ll be able to code, you’re progressing to would like a developer.
Prices vary from $19 to $399 here, and there’s a touch caveat that will be converted into a significant disadvantage. Whereas Shopify has no limits on monthly orders, LemonStand solely permits seventy-five orders a month in its Starter set up, three hundred rules within the Growth set up, and 1,000 within the skilled setup.
- No transactional fees
- Robust SEO tools
- Limits on the number of monthly orders
You might have detected the name Magento for a few reasons. First, it had been purchased by eBay in 2011. Then, it had been sold and acquired by Adobe mid-2018 of these transfers of possession can be a small amount worrying if you wish to stay track of what’s happening with the platform. However, because it stands these days, they are a CMS platform centered on a property you sell merchandise associate degreed designed around an ASCII text file system.
It’s a small amount arduous to determine precisely what to expect from Magento, however it appears to cater to seasoned stores, as you’ll see below for the evaluation, and reasons to decide on it over Shopify. Magento evaluation is a small amount like WooCommerce.
The CMS software system is free; however, you have got to get hosting, plugins, and themes, amongst others. Also, Magento is hungrier once it involves server needs. They conjointly provide a Cloud-based platform; however, square measure a small amount closes regarding their evaluation.
- It is free except for hosting.
8. Big Cartel
Big Cartel is famous for its niche audiences, like artists, artisans, and creators. They create lovely websites that can act as an alternative version of Etsy, also promoting artsy.
Big Cartel Pricing:
- Gold (free): $0 a month and sell up to 5 products
- Diamond: $19.99 a month and sell up to 100 products
- Platinum: $9.99 a month sells up to 25 products
- Titanium: $29.99 a month and sell up to 300 products
- Worth every penny if you sell art, photography, film, and music.
- Independent company with a fresh DIY ethos.
3dcart was made public in 2001. It was developed for private use at the beginning. After two decades of existence, it has become a household name. Amazon had given them reorganization as a preferred e-commerce platform for every fulfillment service. It is one of the best Shopify alternatives.
- Startup: $19 a month sells up to 100 products
- Basic: $29 a month sells unlimited products and two staff accounts
- Plus: $79 a month five staff accounts
- Pro: $229 a month and API access
- Can sell unlimited products with 0 transaction fees.
- Nice tools
- Minimum price
- Worth if you use
- Amazon fulfillment
PrestaShop was founded in France in 2007. It is a site like Shopify. PrestaShop is quite popular in Spain, and Italy, with more than 250000 stores, relies on its PFP-based open-source platform. PrestaShop has got an additional advantage over the others. It offers personal paid support along with the Community forums and resources.
It is said to be 100% free except for hosting, themes, and plugins.
- Easy to handle.
This is another good suggestion for Shopify alternatives. Wix has got an easy web builder, good design options, and easy access to well built App Market. If you are looking for a balance between features and value Wix will be your best stop.
- Business Basic: $23 with all the e-commerce features, storage limited to 20 GB – this is a lot
- The Business Unlimited: $27 with up to 35 GB storage and up to 10 hours of video upload
- Business VIP: $49, with up to 50 GB storage and priority support
- Good value
- Ease of use
- Customer logins
- No extra transaction fees
- Lack of customization options
- US-only features
As we tend to write in our complete review of the web site builder Weebly, exploitation of the platform is like “stepping into somebody else’s room and like a shot finding everything you wish to cook.” It is that intuitive.
This easy use carries over to the e-commerce section. It’s super easy to feature a product and edit it. However, there is a decent reason we would solely suggest Weebly within the “small” online stores section. Their options are often quite lacking compared to dedicated e-commerce platforms, as you will see within the video or professionals and cons below.
- Pro: $12, sell 25 items (3% transaction fee)
- Business: $25, sell unlimited products, no fee, and tax and shipping options.
- Business Plus: $26, all Business features, and advanced eCommerce features (e.g., automated shipping cost).
- Ease of use
- SSL out of Box
- No customer login
- Cannot scale
It is an associate degree e-commerce platform targeted at budding entrepreneurs and little business house owners. you’ll sell physical, digital, and repair products in a very range of how with Selz: by mistreating their get Buttons and widgets, building your online store with their website builder, adding eCommerce to associate degree with existing WordPress website or Facebook or Instagram profile.
All plans allow for unlimited products, storage, bandwidth, and customers.
- Basic: $29/month for two users
- Standard: $59/month for five users
- Advanced: $199/month for fifteen users
- Good value
- Sell both digital and physical products.
SQUARESPACE makes cool, sleek, stunning websites. However, is it enough of a reason to settle on them for a web store? In any case, they didn’t specifically embark on to become the number one e-commerce platform, because it took them nearly ten years to modify the choice. But still, there may well be several benefits in marketing your merchandise with. Thus, it can be considered as one of the good Shopify alternatives.
- Business: $18 for small stores and a 3% fee per transaction
- Online Store Basic: $26 no transaction fees
- Online Store Advanced: $40 with advanced eCommerce features like real-time carrier shipping
- Good blog
- Express checkout
- Sell service and subscriptions
- Excellent SEO
- No app store
Not to be mistaken with an e-commerce platform, one of the best sites like Shopify, Ecwid is genuinely an imaginative plugin you will be able to raise any website to integrate a store. Like WooCommerce, there’s a free possibility (not open source).
Best of all, Ecwid is astonishingly straightforward to use. Ecwid can flip any web site into a fully-functioning online store, and also the value is competitive.
- Free: $0 and sell up to 10 items.
- Venture: $12.50 sell 100 products both physical and digital
- Ease of use
- Can sell both physical and digital products
Shopify is a visible selection for e-commerce. However, you may outgrow it for some purpose. In our expertise, BigCommerce is the most potent Shopify alternative for growing startups; this is best for WordPress-based retailers. Nevertheless, all the above Shopify alternatives help begin a roaring eCommerce store.
Recommended: 15 Best iTunes Alternatives You Can Use in 2020.